MRU13

MRU13

Monday, November 5, 2007

Summer 07
My last trip in this summer brought me once again to the Island Mauritius in the Indian Ocean. Unfortunately this summer the wind was not very consistent and very light, and the spot also got already quite crowded. Nevertheless I got some great sailing sessions at the radical spot in One Eye. Two epic days with over masthigh, down the line peeling waves. Incredible.

At one of the next days the swell picked up once more, one and a half mast and I have to say I got a bit "high-spirited". I tried to sail out at the little channel in front of One eye, which was pretty stupid. The next big set came, the wind died... and there I was - in the washing maschine of these 6m monsters...

First I lost my equipment for a short time, which I fortunately managed to reach again. Then I got pulled out in the channel and washed back several times in a circle. I really fought hard to get back in the lagoon and pushed myself away from the reef with full power with one foot.

Result : over 50 stings of a sea urchin in my foot. Got operated two times. Once in Mauritius , once back home in Innsbruck to get the stings out. I am still recovering from this "accident".

Unfortunately I could not take part at the competition on Sylt because of this. So my whole overall Ranking for the 2007 season does not exist. A bummer- but thats life!

But now I am getting better and I am off to Australia mid november. Havent been there since five years and I cannot wait!!!!!

(photos: Msky.at)

No comments: